'One ought every day at least to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine painting and, if it were possible to speak a few reasonable words.' ~Buchanan
11 July 2011
My Blog
Now you may be wondering why I titled my blog 'Artistry'. Well, for one thing, I like a change every once in a while, and I am a 'muscician' (violin and piano) you might say, and an 'artist' (I enjoy oil painting, while drawing is something else altogether). While I was thinking of a new title, this quote came to mind: 'One ought every day at least to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine painting and, if it were possible to speak a few reasonable words' by Buchanan that I found in an old Latin book. Then there was another quote in that book: 'No one can live life for you, No one but yourself can answer your questions, meet your responsibilities, make you decisions and choices' by Joaquin Miller. (And I am not sure if I read her name right...Someone wrote it in the book and they're penmanship was hard to read...) I thought those two were very good quotes, so I wrote them down. I hope you may find them as good as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the makeover you gave your blog! I'm getting antsy about mine, too... I want to change the title. Again... :D (You know me...) Love the quotes!!!
ReplyDelete-Marlie