05 May 2012

Ramblings...

Hmm....I really have no idea what to write about...I just feel like I should say something, since I haven't posted anything for a long time...Well, I am pleased to say that I am done with Senior Bible Quiz for the year!!! Don't get me wrong, I really love it, it is just nice to be done with it for the summer. Since we were the top team in the state, we went on to Regionals which were held in Minneapolis, MN. We took 7th out of 14 there! We did much better than expected! If we had won one or two more rounds, we would have been qualified to go on to Nationals!!! We quizzed against some really amazing people! We studied Hebrews and 1 & 2 Peter. I did complete memorization (minus half of Hebrews 7, because we were doing that the week I got back from Hawaii...). Marlie Heiser, one of my teammates, got the National Memorization Award, were you quote all of the material studied with 4 or less mistakes per chapter!!! I am so proud of her! Then we quizzed against some who got the Masters Memorization Award, where you quote everything in one sitting with 7 (I think..) or less mistakes. Period. We quizzed on who quoted all of Hebrews, 1 & 2 Peter in about 34 minutes!!!! That is like a chapter in a little over a minute!!! There were 21 chapters in all. I have had a really good time quizzing with friends, and having an amazing coach!!! Our coach has gone to Nationals more than once!!! His wife is really fun, too!!!! We left for Regionals last Thursday, quizzed all day Friday, for supper, we went to Annie's Parlour were I went when I was one!!! Saturday, we quizzed in the morning, did awards, then went to the Mall of America for about  hours, then we continued on our way to where our coach went to college and stayed the night. We went to church in the morning, then had lunch with some of his college friends, and made our way home. I didn't get home till around 7:30, an hour and a half later than I had wanted - our church was doing a music thing that I really wanted to go to - but I still made it home!!!
This is the view from Annies Parlour
~Miss Kindel

No comments:

Post a Comment