'One ought every day at least to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine painting and, if it were possible to speak a few reasonable words.' ~Buchanan
18 June 2011
Home Again...ahhhh
One can't imagine how nice it is to be able to sleep in your own bed and on your own pillow; it is soooo nice!!! I'm not saying that I don't like to take trips, it's just nice to be home again. I just got back from my sister's today and I can tell you, being the youngest and the most talkative (although I don't talk very much I don't think...but I do have my days...) things change when your not here. I do like being home and when I first stepped in my room I noticed that something was different; Mom put up my two other new curtains, I had only two up and needed four, and there was something out of place in there. I noticed probably because I rearranged my room just like a day before I left so I didn't get much time in there...and it was really neat when I left... anyways...things change when your not around! And it gets cleaned when you come home with your sister, her husband, and three kids, and come on the weekend! It kinda feels nice not to have to clean...(please don't disappoint me Mom and say that I have to clean the bathroom!) I just had to sit down and write something! This is going to be kinda like my diary... Last night Adam (my sister's husband) worked and so Christina and I had to pack everything and get the kids, food, and dog...and get the birds taken care of for the weekend. I didn't wake up till about 7:30 and we had to do all the food and get everyone ready and in the van, then pack the van...we didn't leave till about 8:45. Then we went on to where Adam was working and picked him up. What Christina and I were un-aware of was that there was road construction in the badlands, so we didn't get here till about 12 or 12:30. Then we had to eat (Mom made a potato soup for lunch) and get out the door by 1. That didn't quite happen...It was probably more like 1:30. We went to the Fort Union Rendezvous. I took my friend Abby with and that was alot of fun! My oldest brother and his wife and five children also went. And Christina and her husband and three children went as well. And not to mention my brother's brother-in-law, Derek. We took four vehicles... C & A, J & A, us, and D. Then my second oldest nephew turned 7 on the 8th so we had his party today so it could be with his cousins... Then we hung around for a while. I was wearing a heavy dark brown dress and I was getting hot so I went home and put some shorts on and a tank top...then we gave my brother his graduation gifts: a new violin bow-carbon graphite (I have a carbon graphite bow and he likes it so we got him one), some rosin that has gold flakes in it (the professional kind,he's been wanting it for a while...), a new set of strings (I thought he might need them were he's going for college) , and a smaller violin case (more serviceable than his big one for just going across the campus). The one that he has now is a big hard case so we got him a smaller, lighter case, although it doesn't look like it will fit...hmmm. Then after that, I went back to Jeffrey (my oldest brother live right across town) and joined them around their bonfire. I stayed there till 10:30 and then Wesley (my brother just graduated) came and picked me up. I came home and I saw a post card and picked it up and it was from my sister-in-law that lives in Florida!!! I was SO excited!!! It was a card from Chile (she travels for her job...). She is SO nice and is always sending me post cards from all over the country!!! I have the best sister and sisters-in-law anyone could ever wish for!!! I am TRULY blessed with my family and friends!!! Well, I better go to bed so I can get up in the morning...although I'm not exactly sure what we are doing for Father's Day... I think I will have a not-especially-wanted wake-up call:Chrstina and Adam are staying till Monday I believe so the girls, and Luke, or Duke, and his cousin Matthew says it, will be up and around much before I will want to be...but that's life as an auntie!!! And I love every minute of it!!! (although it does get a little hard at times...) Well, about five minutes ago I said I was going to bed, and here I am, as usual... This time I am actually going; Good Night!!! And have a wonderful weekend!!! God Bless you all!
Labels:
Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!!! I didn't realize how long that was when I wrote it!!! I am still here...grrr. good night! arrggghh
ReplyDelete