'One ought every day at least to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine painting and, if it were possible to speak a few reasonable words.' ~Buchanan
03 June 2011
Branding...
I like working for my rancher friedns VERY much! Yesterday, I went out there to help with branding (if you don't know what that is, then I don't know what to say...) but before we started, we had to bring the cattle in first. So yesterday morning, I helped them ride, then we sorted, then vaccinated, then had lunch, then talked a little while, then, finally, we got to branding. I must say, after not having to worry about getting sun burned for 10 months, you kinda forget to wear sun screen... And I payed; my face is very painful... It's extremely red...But it was worth it!!! (I don't think I'll forget to put sun screen on next time...) I am also very sore...It's been a while since I last rode... And I'm going to be branding again tomorrow!!! YAY!!!! It's so much fun! Although, don't ask me why...It just is! Take my word for it. Some people may call riding 'work', but I don't. I call it, hmm, what do I call it? I'd say it's 'fun'. I was just telling a friend yesterday that I don't think I've ever gone just 'pleasure' riding...But that kinda goes with not owning your own horse. But, what can I expect? I don't live in the country, although it's about as close as you can get. Perhaps someday...
Labels:
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha... we posted on the same thing. I rambled on more though, I know... it's a perhaps not-so-good habit... *sheepish grin* Do you want to live in the country someday?
ReplyDelete_Marlie (I don't know what's up with the 'justmeandmycamera19' thing...)
You do have the ability to go on more than I do! In answer to your question; Yes, I would like to live in the country someday. We practically do as it is, but it's just not the same... You know what I mean. Our town is small, but it's not the country.
ReplyDelete